It’s a hot day, you turn on your air conditioner for relief but Murphey’s Law kicks in and your AC is not working when you need it most. Unfortunately, hot days are busy times for the Air Conditioning repair business so it may take a day or so for a technician to be able to get to your home. Now what? Here are a couple tips to help troubleshoot your Central AC unit until the technician arrives.
What to do if the fan is not running on your furnace:
- Check your thermostat and make sure it is set on AC. Then make sure that it is set below the temperature in the house.
- If the furnace fan turns on, that is a good sign – it’s not the furnace!
- If the furnace fan does not turn on, try resetting the breaker on your electrical panel, sometimes that will solve the problem.
- Don’t forget to change your filter, even in the summer to help things run efficiently!
Check the outside condenser unit (it should sound like a refrigerator running when operating properly):
- Make sure it is not clogged with debris. Clean it out and hose it down to see if that resolves the problem. NOTE: if this does not resolve the problem, this is the point to call Twin City Heating and Air and having our trained and experienced technicians diagnose and repair the problem.
- For the those who have technical aptitudes and abilities, there are some other repairs that can be done such as changing out capacitors. Check your manufacturer manuals or other online resources for instructions.
- HOWEVER, if you do choose to try to fix the problem yourself, a simple fix for a technician can become complicated and costly if the repair is not properly diagnosed and rectified. It is quite possible that calling Twin City Heating and Air’s experienced technicians will be your most cost-effective repair because they can quickly diagnose and repair most issues.
Twin City Heating and Air is proud to say we can often respond to calls within 24-48 hours. However, on the rare occasion that we cannot, these tips will help keep you more comfortable until help arrives.
If you need help with your AC, call 763-757-4678 NOW to set up your appointment!